Saturday, April 12, 2008

Relationship

Hi David- thanks for reading!

I realize in reading Exodus that it has been quite a while since I read it. Previously, I think I read it trying to understand God and what he did. This time, I'm trying to FEEL what the people I am reading about felt. I am trying to put myself in their shoes and see through their eyes. And in reading this way, I think it is touching me deeper than before.

In Exodus there seems to be a lot of God threatening to kill people, so I have found it a bit unsettling as the God of the New Testament seems to be a much more compassionate God. I had a hard time putting the 2 together. Did God change? I don't think so, I think his relationship with people changed. When we come to God and are united with Christ, instead of seeing us as a still-necked people (like he saw the people in Exodus- have we really changed?) he sees us through His son's blood. This is just such an awesome thought that it is a bit overwhelming! Wow.

No comments: