Wednesday, April 9, 2008

On the shoulders

I am still working on Exodus. It's longer than I thought.

I thought the picture that Exodus 28: 9-12 gives is an excellent picture of what prayer looks like:

9 "Take two onyx stones and engrave on them the names of the sons of Israel 10 in the order of their birth—six names on one stone and the remaining six on the other. 11 Engrave the names of the sons of Israel on the two stones the way a gem cutter engraves a seal. Then mount the stones in gold filigree settings 12 and fasten them on the shoulder pieces of the ephod as memorial stones for the sons of Israel. Aaron is to bear the names on his shoulders as a memorial before the LORD.


That we hold the people on our shoulders before the Lord.

God spends a long time giving Moses all the details of the plan for what He wants to do. Tonight I am set to read Exodus 32 where the people get impatient with this. I am reminded that there is a lot for us to learn and it takes God a while for us to listen. Be patient.

1 comment:

david santos said...

Hello, Aphra!
I loved this post and this blog.
Have a nice day