Tuesday, April 1, 2008

God is holy

My overall impression from reading Exodus so far is that God is holy. I see it on the mountain, in the plagues and in the rules he puts down.

Some random thoughts from Exodus:
In Exodus 12 the Israelites are protected by the blood of the lamb from the death of their firstborn. Now we are protected by the blood of the lamb of God (Jesus)

In Exodus 13:17-18 God picks the route for the Israelites out of Egypt based on the Israelites weakness. I wonder if He picks the route for our lives based on our weaknesses as well?

In Exodus 18 I like how Jethro tells Moses he's doing too much and suggests a solution to help him. Sometimes you need fresh eyes on a situation.

Last night I read Exodus 23: 28-30
27 "I will send my terror ahead of you and throw into confusion every nation you encounter. I will make all your enemies turn their backs and run. 28 I will send the hornet ahead of you to drive the Hivites, Canaanites and Hittites out of your way. 29 But I will not drive them out in a single year, because the land would become desolate and the wild animals too numerous for you. 30 Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased enough to take possession of the land.

That seems to be the same way with us too. If He cleansed us and made everything perfect in one day it would probably be too much for us. We have to work day by day and little by little to grow in our souls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.