Saturday, January 1, 2011

Creative

Today is the first day of 2011 and so I begin my journey through "The Daily Bible Devotional" by F. LaGard Smith. If all goes well it will take me through the Bible in one year. (as a pose to the almost 3 years that it took me to read through it last time!)

Today I read Genesis 1-3 which looks at God being creative. The devotional suggested that if God is creative and we are created in His image, we too must be creative. This could be through writing, music, media, cooking, etc. God is also love so this creativity when used for good should increase love.

In Gen. 3 there are lots of trees in the garden of Eden but 2 special ones- The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The one they are not allowed to eat from is the latter. I don't know the first tree I might have a go at eating from before say the run of the mill apple or orange trees would be the tree of life. But evidently this was not high on Adam and Eve's to do list as after they ate from the forbidden tree, God sets up a guard so they can't eat from the tree of life. (and it seems to imply that they had not yet eaten from it)

No comments: