Sunday, January 2, 2011

RErun

Apparently, the same verses tend to be of interest to me when reading the Bible.
I went back and read my entry from 2008 on Genesis 4 and I thought- that's exactly what I would say this time as well. So I thought I might as well not write it again, just link to it!

I also read my first entry from 2008 and thought that it was pretty neat- better than my first entry this time around anyway :)

The devotional for today also focused on the same passage that I wrote about in 2008:
Genesis 4:7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.
And it indicates there is a difference between doing what "feels good and what truly is good"- Cain may have felt that his offering was good, but there was something that was lacking to make it truly be good.

I know that when James doesn't really care about something, he can do the actions but it is very obvious that he doesn't care and he's just doing it so he can get on to something he is interested in. The attitude with which we do things can make a big difference.

If we are called to rule over sin, then we must have the ability to do this.

No comments: