Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nehemiah

I am halfway through Nehemiah at this point. I always love the part in Chapter 4 where he talks about half of the men doing the work of rebuilding the wall and half were the warriors. Each worker had a warrior assigned to them. I see that as a picture of prayer.

The verse that has stood out to me during this reading was in Nehemiah 6
13 He had been hired to intimidate me so that I would commit a sin by doing this, and then they would give me a bad name to discredit me.

He is talking about how Shemaiah told him he should hide in the temple because men were coming to kill him. Would it be a sin to go in the temple? Was the man talking about going in a part of the temple that was sacred and he was not allowed to go in. Or was Nehemiah saying that it would be a sin not to stand up to his enemies?

No comments: