Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Unity

I had an email with Al and it remined me that I was going to write about Genesis 11. The tower of babel. Here was a project where you saw people united. And you would think that was a good thing! It is very difficult to keep people united on a project. Even of they are enthousiastic at first a few tend to go off willy-nilly and a few just get tired, etc. But I guess God was against the project because they were united for their own glory.

Last night I read Gen 13 and 14. Abram and Lot's entourages get too big and start snipping at each other. So, they separate. Was it God's will that they separate. We aren't told. Sure it looks like the most logical decision. What else could they do? But shortly thereafter Lot gets kidnapped by some guys. Is it better to make a decision to keep the peace or stay and work through the difficulty? Was there another solution that Abram and Lot missed?

1 comment:

jordin said...

I think perseverance is always the answer. Community is difficult. And i bet the first church found that too... but you will always have conflict due to differing opinions, but working it out in loves sake will always honour God. ( in my humble opinion.)